Here’s what you’ll need:
- Your choice of pasta – spaghettini works best
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 10-15 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli peppers (or 1 fresh chilli)
- salt and pepper to taste
– We usually use whole wheat, or smart pasta when we are making our pasta dishes. If you are looking for a very low calorie, low carb substitute for pasta, try using Spaghetti Squash.
- Cook pasta as per directions on the box
- In a pan add olive oil, garlic and chillies. Cook until it begins to sizzle
- Add tomatoes and basil until the skin of the tomatoes begin to wilt
- Pour entire mixture over noodles. Add fresh parmesan cheese and serve with your choice of chicken, shrimp or salmon.
Makes 2 servings.
Approx macros per serving:
Chicken – 540 Cals | 68g Carbs| 20g Fat | 51g Protein
Shrimp – 565 Cals | 70g Carbs | 17.5g Fat | 35g Protein