Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3/4 pound/300g beef, thinly sliced (use round or sirloin)
- 3 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup stock or water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Marinade – Whisk together the sauce, water and sesame oil. Toss with beef strips to coat. Refrigerate.
- Sauce – Whisk together stock, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Swirl gently to coat the sides of the pan. Cook the ginger and garlic in hot oil for 10 seconds.
- Add the beef and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes until almost cooked through. Add broccoli and continue to stir-fry for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the sauce and continue to stir-fry until thickened.
Makes 4 servings
Approx. Macros per serving:
203 Cals | 11g Fat | 8g Carbs | 18g Protein
Recipe adapted from: