Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 cup black rice
- 3/4 cup each of green, red and yellow peppers
- 3/4 cup of light feta cheese
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 chopped chilli pepper
- tablespoon chopped cilantro
- tablespoon chopped chives
- tablespoon minced garlic
- Juice from 1 fresh lime
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breast
- Chop peppers, chilli, cilantro and chives, and set aside.
- Add black rice to 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Once boiled, turn to LOW setting and allow the rice to simmer for 40 minutes. Keep covered. Remove from heat with the cover still on the pot and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Add equal parts quinoa and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiled, turn to LOW setting and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes. Keep covered.
- season 2-3 chicken breasts with your favourite seasoning and toss it on the grill to accent the salad. You can chop the chicken and mix with the salad, or simply eat it on the side.
- In a separate bowl combine quinoa and black rice with minced garlic to ensure smooth coverage of the salad. Once blended, add the remaining ingredients and toss.
- Serve warm and top with fresh lime juice and additional feta cheese if desired.
Makes 6 large servings
Approx. macros per serving:
700 Cals | 11 g Fat | 65 g Carbs | 51 g Protein