Happy Family Day! What better way to celebrate then to enjoy sweet and savoury fluffy pancakes with the family!
For nice and fluffy pancakes we like this recipe that we came across on allecipes.com: Fluffy Pancakes
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- cooking spray
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into “soured” milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Here is where you can add your special ingredients 🙂 Since its Family day today, we added some blueberries in one batch, and chocolate chips in another. Topped with fresh strawberries, blueberries, bananas, greek yogurt, coconut and some honey, enjoy!