Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 bonless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- pinch dried oregano
- pinch teaspoon rosemary
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 sweet potato
- 2 peppers (red, yellow, or green)
- small slice of feta cheese
- Mix and whisk the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and rosemary into a bowl that will allow you to cover the chicken breasts and marinate. Mix this up in the morning and leave it in the fridge to marinate all day, or you can just toss it together and cook right away. Be sure to reserve some of the marinade for basting.
- Add black rice to 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Once boiled, turn to LOW setting and allow the rice to simmer for 40 minutes. Keep covered. Remove from heat with the cover still on the pot and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400. Wash and cut ends off of sweet potato. Poke a number of holes with a fork all around the potato. Microwave for 2.5 minutes (if your potato is a huge then try 3-3.5 mins) rotate and microwave for another 2.5 minutes. Add potato to a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper on it and bake for 20 minutes,
- Cut the tops of the peppers off, then cut them in half from top to bottom. Clean out the insides and brush them with a little bit of olive oil adding salt and pepper to them.
- Fire up the grill and toss the chicken breasts on. Drizzle the reserved marinade on the chicken as you rotate it on the grill.
- When your chicken is just about done, add the peppers to the grill and cook until they are slightly soft. (or to desired tenderness)
- Using a spoon, pack the black rice into the pepper boats and sprinkle a bit of crumbled feta cheese on each.
Approx. Macros per serving:
Cals 631 | 14g Fat | 90g Carbs | 48g Protein