Here’s what you’ll need:
- Boneless Chicken, 3 breasts
- 2 Limes
- 4 cloves Minced Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Cayenne or Chili Powder
- Cilantro, 1/4 cup, snipped
- Avocado, optional
- 1 green and 1 red pepper
- Mince the garlic, chop some cilantro, zest and juice 2 limes. Cut a lime into wedges and slice and avocado for the table. Slice the green and red peppers.
- Cut the chicken into chunks.
- Pour a little olive oil into a large skillet or sauté pan and add the garlic. Heat it over medium high heat until it’s very hot, almost smoking. Add the chicken and let it cook undisturbed, meaning don’t move or stir the chicken.
- Once the chicken is browned nicely on the bottom and will easily let go of the pan, sprinkle it generously with cumin and chili powder or pepper. Let it cook another minute or two, until the white line has moved about halfway through the pieces.
- Turn the chicken and let it cook another couple of minutes, long enough to brown. Reduce the heat to medium low and sprinkle in the garlic and lime zest. Stir it little and let it cook another couple of minutes but be careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Once the chicken is cooked through add the lime juice and stir up all the browned goodness from the pan and toss in the sliced green and red pepper to sauté.
- Remove the chicken to a bowl or platter and sprinkle it with cilantro.
- Serve over a bed of bean sprouts.
Recipe adapted from:
Approx. macros per serving:
118 Cals | 1.9g Fat | 10.3g Carbs | 17g Protein