Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder roast (sirloin roast)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 package of mixed chopped cabbage (or approx. 1.2 small head of green cabbage finely chopped)
- 1/2 yellow onion
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 lime
- Siracha sauce to drizzle
- Season the pork with salt, garlic powder and red pepper flakes and place it into the slow cooker.
- Mix together the broth, worcestershire sauce and vinegar, and pour it over the pork. Pour the honey over top and give it a little rub to set all the ingredients in.
- Set the slow cooker timer for 4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low.
- Once the pork is cooked and tender (it should shred easily with a fork), break apart lightly with two forks and leave it in the slow cooker. Ladle the remaining sauce over the pork and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve over a bed of romaine lettuce leaves, topped with mixed cabbage and tomatoes. Drizzle with siracha and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Approx. macros per serving:
203 Cals. | 7.7g Fat | 20g Carbs. | 10.2g Protein
Recipe adapted from: